- Terms and Conditions of Hire
These are our terms and conditions of hire that, by using our services you are agreeing to. You (The Customer) are entering into an agreement with Silent Event Hero (SEH). The T & C’s set out below, present the service that you will receive from Silent Event Hero and what our expectations are from you.
1) SEH will always strive to work with you the customer to make your event a successful and enjoyable one. We will undertake to be helpful, reliable and contactable.
2) SEH undertakes to provide you with the equipment you have booked, in working order, on the date(s) you agreed.
3) At SEH we always check and maintain all equipment thoroughly. However, in the eventuality that damage occurs in transit or dispatch, you will not be charged for any equipment that doesn’t work on its arrival. In the unlikely event that this does occur, please report it to us immediately, before the start of your event, and clearly identify the affected equipment before collection. Please test and familiarise yourself with our system before the event because our capacity to assist you at very short notice is more limited and we cannot offer a refund in these circumstances.
4) SEH supplies and hosts many events in a variety of locations. We are happy to advise and demonstrate our equipment in advance, such that you may check coverage range, audio connection, interference or any requirements specific to your event. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the equipment supplied is suitable for the customer’s specific purposes.
6) SEH will always do everything reasonably possible to fulfil your booking. In the unlikely event we have to cancel or vary your booking, howsoever caused, the maximum liability of SEH will be the return of any fees paid in lieu of unused equipment.
7) Should you wish to change or vary your booking, SEH will endeavor to accommodate this at any time. If cancellation occurs within 14 days of an event, a cancellation fee of 50% (of total bill) applies. If cancellation is within 72 hours of an event, a cancellation fee of 100% applies.
8) You undertake to pay all monies due within 7 days of your event.
9) You undertake to arrange access, and be reasonably contactable and available for delivery and collection.
10) You agree to have all equipment ready for collection on the agreed day set out when the order is confirmed. Missed collections are liable to be charged for an additional nights hire of the headphones, as well as the price of a collection.
Loss or damage to equipment
11) You undertake to treat the equipment well and return it in the condition provided.
12) You undertake to store the equipment securely, and be responsible for it and the way it is used until collection.
13) Reasonable loss or damage: If any headphones are missing or severely damaged (unusable) you agree to pay us a subsidized replacement cost of £20.00 per headphone and £50 for each transmitter.
14) In the event of a major incident affecting the headphones including, but not limited to: fire, theft and flood, please inform us as soon as possible as this may affect future bookings. You must also inform your insurance company, relevant authorities such as the police, and provide us with this information.
15) SEH reserves the right to claim for any other losses resulting from unreasonable loss or damage, or major incidents, including, but not limited to, time and expense, and loss of revenue.
16) The issue of this contract confirms your intention to book, and together with the invoice or quotation provided, outlines the agreement you have made with SEH.